Do we need goals to succeed?
Where does one start in pursuit to better oneself? Did you know that goal setting is often ingrained in every successful person? Many successful people arrived at their destination on account of their lofty goals. So, what is a goal? Can you change your life by incorporating goal setting? Do we need goals to succeed?
Do we need goals to succeed?
Wikipedia states that a goal is the desired result that a person or a system envisions, plans and commits to achieve.
Miriam- Webster Dictionary says a goal is something that you are trying to do or achieve and Dictionary.com says a goal is a result or achievement toward which effort is directed.
Don’t Take Your Eyes Off Your Goals
Henry Ford the success behind the Ford motor company, he was quoted in saying, “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” Meaning the goal is the focus and any obstacle that comes between you and your goal is a distraction and your focus is lost.
When your goals are focused on motivating you to achieve something personal it can be enjoyable. Nevertheless, if it is only aimed at making loads of money or for social status, this will interfere in the way of your true goal and change in the way of the final goal. The money would be the obstacle or distraction.
What Is The Key To Motivation?
Motivation comes from the passion of doing what you love. Starting with a good mindset helps in accomplishing your goals every day. The people around you are important too. They hold you accountable and help to lift you up to feel better about your goals. They give you the inspiration to keep going.
Moreover, knowledge from those who have succeeded is the optimum inspiration in the process to succeed.
Enjoy reading the Inspiring motivational quotes from people who have succeeded
- Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek. Mario Andretti
- Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson
- Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- A goal is a dream with a deadline. Napoleon Hill
- By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination. Christopher Columbus
- A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. Bruce Lee
*It is important to have an emotional connection to a goal so you feel inspired to work at it every day or every week.
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mylifedraft/
Connect with me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/MyLifeDraft2
Connect on Google+: google.com/+MyLifeDraft